Navarro College has decided to cancel their all in-person commencement ceremonies and events honoring May and August 2020 graduates.
Due to the increase in cases and hospitalizations related to COVID-19 in the region and across Texas and the nation, Navarro College has made this decision after close monitoring of the virus.
This cancellation includes the following ceremonies:
• Commencement Ceremonies on Aug. 6 at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
• Commencement Ceremonies on Aug. 7 at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
• Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Graduation & Pinning Ceremony on Aug. 6 at 7 p.m.
• Vocational Nursing (VN) Graduation & Pinning Ceremony on Aug. 7 at 7 p.m.
• Adult Education & Literacy (AEL) Celebration Ceremony on Aug. 8 at 10 a.m.
"We are very proud of the graduates’ accomplishments and are disappointed in having to cancel these events," the school shared in a news release.
Due to the cancellations, the college has extended an invitation for the graduates to participate in the 2021 ceremonies.