1. Want to see Saint Nick before the Holidays come around? Mr. and Mrs. Claus will be coming to Waxahachie this Saturday to take pictures with all of the good girls and boys this year! Come and visit them from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Ark County Store at 209 South Highway 77 and tell them what you want for Christmas! Pics are encouraged.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/events/555605088197960. — David Dunn
2. Relive the birth of Christ at Bethlehem Revisited this weekend. Watch as the savior is born in the manger with Mary and Joseph in a stunning recreation of the classic Christmas tale. Admission is free, but donations are being accepted. 6 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 402 North College Street.
Dress warmly: The weather is expected to be in the high-30s to low-40s with rain forecasted throughout the weekend. — David Dunn
3. First United Methodist Church of Midlothian will host a Homemade Cookie Walk, just in time for Christmas. About 100 varieties of homemade cookies, fudge and candy will be available for sale in the Family Life Center — and everyone is invited.
Guests will be able to walk through tables of yummy treats and fill a box with their favorites. Each box will sell for $8 per pound.
All proceeds will benefit the FOOD4KIDS program. FOOD4KIDS is a ministry of FUMC Midlothian that helps provide school snacks and weekend food for children in the area who qualify for free/reduced lunch. The Homemade Cookie Walk is from 10 a.m.— 2 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, located at 800 S 9th St. in Midlothian. — Ashley Ford
4. No need to check your vision. The following sentence is written correctly and yes, you read it correctly.
Manuel and Rebeca Vera will open their newly constructed home to the public Saturday for an afternoon of shopping, botox and wine. They've dubbed the event, "Jingle and Mingle."
The home, located at 511 W. 2nd St. in Waxahachie, will be open from 12-3 p.m. and was recently built by Vera Construction, as well as being featured in Waxahachie NOW.
Vendors for the afternoon include Knox & Clover Boutique, Thrive, Signs and Such, Scentsy, Zyia Active, Matilda Jane Clothing, A&A design, Stella & Dot, Rodan+Fields and more.
For more information, visit the event's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/586748341783113. — Travis M. Smith
5. In theaters this weekend is the periodic drama “Mary Queen of Scots” rated R about Mary Stuart’s attempt to overthrow her cousin Elizabeth I, Queen of England, finds her condemned to years of imprisonment before facing execution; the documentary “Divide and Conquer: The Story of Roger Ailes” about the rise and fall of the late Roger Ailes from his early media influence on the Nixon presidency to his controversial leadership at Fox News; and the comedy thriller “Clara’s Ghost” (starring the wife and adult children of comedian Chris Elliott) the story of Clara Reynolds who, fed up with constant ribbing from her self-absorbed showbiz family, finds solace in and guidance from the supernatural force she believes is haunting her.