Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. In theaters this weekend is “Adrift” a PG-13 drama based on the true story of a young couple’s sailing adventure of a lifetime as they face one of the most catastrophic hurricanes in recorded history; “Action Point” rated R and starring Johnny Knoxville as a daredevil who designs and operates his own theme park with his friend; “American Animals” an R-rated crime drama about four students who attempt an audacious art heist.
2. Friday is the start of something delicious: Doughnut Day. Doughnut Day, which generally takes place on Friday and Saturday, is a time to celebrate the delightful pastry. Go out and buy some doughnuts, or try your hand at making your own.
3. It’s not officially summer, but it is pool season. If the weather cooperates this weekend, head to your local public pool for some fun in the sun. Or throw a water-fun party in your backyard. Break out the slip-n-slide and the sprinkler, set up a kiddie pool, get some water balloons and get some squirt guns and enjoy the day!
4. Did you know that average American eats 245 eggs per year? Wake up and head out to breakfast or brunch on Sunday to celebrate National Egg Day. Whether you like them over easy or hard boiled, eggs are a great source of protein.
5. Show Mr. Whiskers a little extra affection this weekend in preparation for Monday, International Hug Your Cat Day. But perhaps before you do it might be a good idea to get his nails trimmed first.