An Ennis resident will spend at least the next three decades in prison after he pleaded guilty to murder Thursday.

After Travis Demon Glenn, 30, accepted a plea bargain agreement in the 443rd Judicial District Court, Ellis County and District Attorney Patrick Wilson stated he hopes the family can take some comfort knowing that Glenn will be in prison for a long time.

The plea agreement sentenced Glenn to the next 65 years behind bars with the eligibility for parole after 30.

“We are satisfied with the outcome. It is tragic when lives are taken for any reason," Wilson said. "He has a history of robberies for nothing greater than wallets and cellphones. It is just tragic.”

The homicide took place in the early morning hours Oct. 30, 2016.

Ennis Police officers were dispatched to the 200 block of West Latimer and, upon arrival, found the victim, Juan Aguinasa, deceased in the front yard near the porch. The officers noticed an apparent gunshot wound to the head.

Ricky Sipes, Chief Felony Prosecutor for the 443rd, stated Aguinasa was sitting on his porch at the time of the murder.

“All indications show Aguinasa was sitting out on the front porch smoking a cigarette, drinking a beer, and minding his own business,” Sipes stated. “Later in the day, one of their officers was flagged down by a potential witness that had given them the name of Travis Glenn being responsible for it. They ended up finding him [Glenn] with his girlfriend.”

Sipes stated the witness was suspected of being in a vehicle with Glenn earlier when he robbed several individuals at gunpoint. Statements from the witness and the girlfriend gave police the probable cause to arrest Glenn. He noted there was not enough to charge the witness with robbery.

Ennis Police recovered the weapon used in the murder from a lake located next to the Ennis Municipal Airport. The officers also recovered clothing that contained the victim’s DNA from Williams’ residence as well.

Sipes stated it is believed the motive behind the murder was robbery but could not prove it. No items from Aguinasa's residence were found to be missing.

Along with the murder charge, Glenn pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery that took place before the murder. Glenn robbed two individuals at gunpoint in a parking lot after they were leaving a barn party on Farm-to-Market Road 1182.

Before these offenses, Glenn received 10 years in 2009 for a similar robbery, which occurred one-year prior in Ennis. Glenn attacked and beat a Hispanic man during that 2008 robbery and was paroled in April 2015.