The 55-year-old Maypearl woman who is believed to have murdered her husband was indicted for murder by an Ellis County Grand Jury.

Sandra Louise Garner received the decision March 21. She was originally arrested and booked into the Wayne McCollum Detention Center at 2:27 a.m. on Jan. 10. The arrest occurred eight days after her husband, Jon Garner, 42, was found shot dead at 12:50 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 2 inside the home in the 100 block of Creekview Circle.

The Wayne McCollum Detention Center website shows Garner listed as an inmate with a bond totaling $1 million as of Thursday. Garner initially was assessed a $2 million bond. The detention center record notes that Garner “must have (an) ankle monitor installed before release.”

Maypearl Police Chief Boyd Norton previously stated Sandra called 911 on the night of the murder. She later told investigators she “was awakened by two gunshots and saw a masked male holding a gun and flashlight inside of her residence.”

According to Norton, the search also resulted in the seizure of multiple electronic devices.

It was on one of those devices, belonging to Sandra Garner, that an internet link related to “how to kill someone and not get caught” was found.

Garner initially told investigators an intruder informed her that he was not there to harm her and had a grudge against her husband because of work-related matters. Sandra then claimed she was told to open the home safe that contained about $18,000. Sandra was then told to go to the bathroom and count to 100 until the intruder left the residence. If she didn’t comply, he would come back and kill her.

The investigation by law enforcement included a second search of the crime scene, which turned up a .38 Taurus handgun inside a parked Ford Mustang wrapped in a paper towel inside of two plastic bags.

Norton noted the search on Jan. 2 did not find this firearm.

The Texas Department of Public Safety Crime Lab analysis of the projectiles recovered at the scene was a match to the weapon. Officers arrested Garner and booked into the Wayne McCollum Detention Center at 2:27 a.m. on Jan. 10.