COMMERCE, Texas — A second suspect was arrested early Friday morning and new details have emerged in connection with the murder of a 17-year-old Waxahachie resident.

US Marshals agents arrested 19-year-old Red Oak resident Trevis LaDavion Baudoin in a dorm room on the campus of Texas A&M Commerce at 1:30 a.m. Friday, confirmed Waxahachie Police Lt. Todd Woodruff.

Waxahachie Police detectives departed for Commerce early Friday morning to join the investigation and now believe an acquaintance of Baudoin’s lived on campus but was not present during the arrest. Texas A&M Police officers assisted in the arrest, which was guided by a series of leads provided to law enforcement.

Baudoin was wanted in conjunction with a Tuesday shooting in Waxahachie that took the life of 17-year-old Gabriel Richie. Woodruff stated investigators believe Richie was the victim of an armed robbery that occurred in the 200 block of Cambridge St., roughly four blocks north of Shackelford Elementary on Butcher Road in Waxahachie

Jude Shawn Vaughn Jr, 20, of Red Oak, was also taken into custody on Thursday, Nov. 16 for his role in the murder.

Both are currently held at the Wayne McCollum Detention Center in Waxahachie. Baudoin is held on the charge of capital murder by terror, threat or another felony, which carries a $500,000 bond. Vaughn faces capital murder in the commission of cited offenses and had his bail set at $300,000.

Woodruff initially told the Daily Light “a neighbor approached officers and reported hearing what sounded like a firecracker at about 6:10 p.m. The neighbor then observed the victim get out of a dark-colored car and run inside his home."

Police have now learned that Richie may have known or previously met at least one of the suspects charged with the murder. Investigators also believe there was a prearranged meeting planned for the three near Richie's residence. It was during that gathering that officers believe Richie was shot — either in or near the vehicle — by one of the suspects as they attempted to rob him.

Detectives believe Richie collapsed once he got inside the house. He was found by an acquaintance who was asked to go check on him around 9:20 p.m. after Richie’s mother had grown concerned when she could not reach him.

Ellis County Pct. 2 Justice of the Peace Jackie Miller Jr pronounced Richie dead at 10:54 p.m. Miller ordered the body taken to the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office for a full autopsy.

“We appreciate the help of Cedar Hill Police and Red Oak Police during this phase of the investigation,” Woodruff added.

According to court documents, Vaughn previously pleaded guilty to a felony charge of cruelty to non-livestock animals (torture) in the 40th District Court of Ellis County on Aug. 4, 2016. He was fined $1,000, forced to pay $1,099 in court costs and sentenced to three years of community supervision. The charges stemmed from an incident where Vaughn and an acquaintance killed a cat or cats with a brick.

He was arrested by Glenn Heights Police on December 2, 2016 for sexual assault. Final pretrial is scheduled for Dec. 2 in the 40th District Court of Ellis County.