OVILLA — The Ovilla City Council will consider a preliminary plat for a new subdivision at its Tuesday night meeting. Presenting the item before the council is developer Clyde Hargrove.
The Hidden Valley Estates subdivision is planned to be located at the northwest corner of Red Oak Creek and Westmoreland Road. The proposed development could consist of 149 lots. No date for construction has been set at this time.
According to previous Daily Light articles, Hargrove has done several developments in Waxahachie. These include work in the Buffalo Ridge subdivision, the Garden Valley Ranch subdivision, and a 73-lot development located off of Broadhead Road.
In other business the council,
• Will consider a replat to divide 10.022 acres into two residential lots located at 600 Silver Spur Lane in Ovila.
• Will consider a request for a meritorious exception that was filed by the Home Owners Association of Ovilla Parc to install a stone monument sign at the entrance of the subdivision located on the northwest corner of Shiloh Road and Claremont Drive.
• Will consider a short form final plat application made by William Tucker with Tucker Estates to divide 6.44 acres into three residential lots located on Westmoreland Road in the city’s extraterritorial jurisdiction.
• Will consider amending a section of the city’s code of ordinances regarding returned check fees.
• Will consider amending a section of the city code or ordinances to establish a monthly water rate for residential and nonresidential customers.
• Will consider a contract agreement with Emergency Report, which is a web-based EMS reporting software with integrated fire incident reporting and to authorize the city manager John Dean to execute the contract.
• Will discuss the success and outcome of the 2017 Heritage Day Celebration.
The Ovilla City Council will host a briefing session at 6 p.m. to review and discuss agenda items for the regular meeting at city hall. The regular city council meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. at city hall. Ovilla City hall is located at 105 S. Cockrell Hill Road.