WAXAHACHIE — An Ellis County Grand Jury indicted one of the two suspects involved in the armed robbery of a Red Oak-based Bright Star Wireless. In total, the jury passed down 42 indictments during its June 14 session.
Greenville resident Emanuel Lamont LaFayette, 25, was indicted on the charge of aggravated robbery after the grand jury stated that, on March 21, he used a firearm during a theft and put the victims in fear of injury or death.
According to an April 6 Daily Light article, Red Oak Police apprehended LaFayette on April 1. Red Oak Lt. Rick Boone previously told the Daily Light that the aggravated robbery of Bright Star Wireless took place at about 8 p.m. on March 21 in the 100 block of E. Ovilla Road.
“The business had closed and an employee had walked out back to throw the trash out. When coming back in, two black males followed the employee. One them walked with a handgun and took the employee into the store and confronted two additional employees and put them on the grown,” Boone said previously. “They demanded the combination to the safe. Before they (the employees) could answer they (the suspects) realized the safe was open.”
Boone said during the robbery both suspects were wearing bandanas, which covered their faces and allowed for only their eyes to be visible. The gun used in the offense is described as a dark-colored semi-automatic handgun.
Boone said the suspects removed about 39 Apple iPhones and an undisclosed amount of money from the safe. They then left the store in an unknown direction. The suspects were in the store for about seven minutes. Boone confirmed that none of the three employees were injured during the robbery and the staff contacted the police promptly after the suspects left the store.
According to the Wayne McCollum Detention Center’s website, Lafayette was booked into the facility at 8:53 a.m. on April 1. As of noon on Monday Lafayette remained in custody at the detention center with a bond of $150,000.
Online records from the Ellis County District Clerks Office state that Lafayette’s arraignment is set for 9 a.m. on Aug. 1 in the 40th Judicial District Court. Nelson Knight has been retained as Lafayette's attorney.
The grand jury also indicted
• Danita Evett Bassett, theft prop greater than $2,500 two or more previous
• Christopher Lee Boulet, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
• Heather Denae Brockway, intoxication assault with a vehicle
• Heather Denae Brockway, aggravated assault that causes serious bodily injury
• Heather Denae Brockway, aggravated assault causes serious bodily injury
• Olajuwon Dante Brown, possession of a controlled substance PG 1
• Noah Rashad Brown-Lewis, possession of marijuana greater than four ounces greater less than or equal to five pounds.
• Nicholas Ernest Castillo, theft property greater than or equal to$2,500 less than $30,000.
• Bryan Lee Roy Counts, possession of a controlled substance PG 1.
• David Glen Davis, assault family or household member impedes breath.
• Michael Donte Dunn, unauthorized use of vehicle.
• Kathleen May Edwards, manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance PG 1 greater than or equal four grams.
• Cody Lee Flynn, burglary of building
• Ricardo Garza, evading arrest detention with a vehicle.
• Michael Guerrero, del possession of child.
• Michael Guerrero, del aggravated sexual assault child.
• Michael Guerrero, del improper photography or visual.
• Rickey Lee Hennen Jr., possession of a controlled substance PG 1.
• Jose Alberto Hernandez, burglary of habitation.
• Luis Huerta, obstruction or retaliation.
• Jeffery Earl Johnson, forgery financial instrument.
• Demarcus Dewayne Jones, burglary of vehicles with previous.
• Kenneth Alan Jones, evading arrest detention with a vehicle.
• Kevin John Kim, assault of a family or household member impede breath.
• Kevin John Kim, sexual assault.
• Emanuel Lamont Lafayette, aggravated robbery.
• Ismael Tena Martinez, possession of a controlled substance PG 1 less than or equal to one gram.
• Ismael Tena Martinez, theft of firearm.
• Ismael Tena Martinez, unlawful possession of a firearm by felon.
• Cliff Neal Mullican, possession of child pornography.
• Terrance Lanell Parker, possession of a controlled substance PG 2 less than or equal to four grams.
• Danny Eugene Pedigo Jr., possession of a controlled substance PG 1.
• Michael Petty, burglary of building.
• Cory Weldon Pruett, injury child, elderly or disabled person.
• Gregory Thomas Reed, manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance PG 1 less than or equal to four grams.
• Kenya Nicole Reynolds, unauthorized use of vehicle.• Kenya Nicole Reynolds, fraud use or possession of identifying information.
• Kenya Nicole Reynolds, tamper or fabricate physical evidence.
• Heidi Suzanne Schoonover, theft property greater than $2,500 two or more previous.
• Jon Edward Short, tamper or fabricate physical evidence
• Daisy Elena Smart-Quintana, possession of a controlled substance PG 1.
• Daisy Elena Smart-Quintana, tamper or fabricate physical evidence.
• Victor Raul Venegas-Espinoza, prohibited substance or item in correctional facility.
• Victor Raul Venegas-Espinoza, possession of a controlled substance PG 1.
• Mario Vila, theft of property greater than or equal to $2,500 less than $30,000.
• Sammy Drew Womack, unauthorized use of vehicle.
• Jorge Rojas Zapata, sex abuse of child continuous.