WAXAHACHIE — A fire that broke out early Friday morning has temporarily closed Ann’s Health Food Center in Waxahachie. Waxahachie police officers were dispatched at around 3:45 a.m. to the 2300 block of U.S. Highway 77 in reference to a burglary alarm.
Waxahachie Fire Department Battalion Chief Don Alexander said the police officer on scene advised dispatch that the building was full of smoke. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they forced entry into the building.
“They found that there was a fire in the sales area, the counter and (what) would amount to be the register line,” Alexander said. “They extinguished the fire, and we spent several hours ventilating the building making sure there was not any extension of the fire.”
Alexander said Fire Marshal Dennis Crecelius determined the cause of the fire to be electrical in nature. He added that the building, along with other businesses next to Ann’s, sustained smoke damage.
“Good morning Ann's Waxahachie shoppers. We experienced an internal building fire in the early hours of the morning today,” Ann’s Health Food Center - Waxahachie Facebook page posted. “Unfortunately this will have us shut down for a limited time to assess damages. I will continue posting updates as we receive them. Thank you all for being such awesome customers!”
— Follow Andrew on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AndrewBrancaWDL or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AndrewBrancaWNI. Contact him at email@example.com or 469-517-1451