Gingerbread Trails Tour of Homes June 4-5
You won’t want to miss the Gingerbread Trail June 4 and 5 this year. The list of homes is especially exciting because several of the homes have recently been completely renovated and updated.
They will offer loads of suggestions for your own Do-It-Yourself projects. What once was old is new again. You will be among the first to see all of the decorating and construction details the owners have incorporated.
Homes on the Trail this year are the Chapman home at 615 N. Rogers, the Schmidt home at 1121 W. Main,
the Quintero home at 1206 W. Main, the Anderson home at 707 Sycamore and the Lohden home at 611 E. Marvin.
In addition to the tour of homes there are many activities planned for the weekend.
Saturday and Sunday
• Gingerbread Trail Tour of Homes – 5 historic homes featured. Free buses are provided for the home tour. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days.*
• Home tour bike route shown on web page.*
• Quilt raffle from Common Threads Quilting. *
• Ellis County Art Association presents “Paint Historic Waxahachie” show and sale of plein air paintings from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at their gallery on Franklin Street on the Square.*
• Historic Waxahachie, Inc. Ellis County Courthouse tours Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday 12 to 2 p.m.
• Live music at the Courthouse Pocket Park during the Trail.
• Waxahachie Downtown Merchants Association Tea Party from 2 to 3 p.m. and 3 to 4 p.m. at the Courthouse Pocket Park by reservation*
• In addition to downtown businesses and restaurants featuring specials, several new restaurants and shops will be open.
• Downtown Farmers Market south of Courthouse Square on Rogers Street from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Midlothian Classic Wheels museum benefit car show on Courthouse Square from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Many prizes and awards. *
• KBEC-AM live broadcast.
• Ellis County Art Association kids paint out - “Plein Air - The Next Generation” for kids. Easels set up outside the store on the Square where from 10 a.m. to noon.
• Fly-In pancake breakfast, aircraft and classic car displays at Midway Regional Airport from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Food trucks on College Street.
*Indicates event benefiting Ellis County Museum.
This is the annual fundraiser for the Ellis County Museum which provides information about Ellis County history to individuals, businesses and schools.
Many classes tour the museum to give the students an idea of where we came from and give them a basis for the future.
Many businesses have pictures of the early days provided by the museum and many owners of older homes know the history of their homes from information provided by the museum. Your support is appreciated.
You don’t have to live in the past to enjoy the classic homes and Courthouse in our city. They offer so many suggestions and opportunities for you to use in your own homes.
Don’t miss the 2016 Gingerbread Trail Home Tour. You can even follow the Trail on your bike following the route on the web page.
Ticket prices are $25 for adults and $7 for children.
Early sales price is $20 for adults. For more information contact the Ellis County Museum at 972-937-0681 or visit the website at www.gingerbreadtrail.net.