ENNIS — An electrical issue may have been the cause behind a fire that destroyed the second level and attic of a two story home Saturday, said Ennis Fire Marshal Chad Wester.

Several fire departments were called to help the Ennis Fire Department battle the blaze when the fire broke out at about 2 p.m. in the 700 block of N. Dallas Street in Ennis, Wester said.

No one was injured in the fire, but one person was home at the time of the fire, said Waxahachie Battalion Chief Marcus Brown. The person managed to get out of the house before the Waxahachie Fire Department arrived, he said. Two other people living in the home weren’t there, Wester added.

“The second story and attic are considered total loss,” Wester said, adding the home as a whole could be rebuilt.

Waxahachie and Ennis firefighters battle the flames for about an hour before the fire was under control, Wester said. He estimated the damage at $80,000.

What made the fire difficult to fight is flames spread to the attic from the second floor, he said, adding he wasn’t sure if the electrical issue was in the walls of second floor room where the fire started or if it was caused by something within the room itself.