RED OAK – Police Chief Craig Rudolph and members of the Red Oak Police Department invite local residents to become a member of class no. 2 of the Red Oak Citizen’s Police Academy.
The purpose of the academy is to provide participants with a better understanding of the operations of the Red Oak Police Department. The academy does not certify participants as a Texas peace officer.
The classes will begin Saturday, March 26, at the Red Oak Police Department, which is located at 547 N. Methodist St. Class hours are from 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. and will be held Saturdays, with three sessions.
“The only cost for this opportunity is your time and dedication,” a spokesman said. “The classes should be both informative and entertaining.”
During the academy, participants will be exposed to many areas of law enforcement including but not limited to:
1. Meeting the staff and officers of the Red Oak Police Department.
2. Touring the Red Oak Police Department and jail.
3. Riding along with Red Oak police officers during their shifts, if you choose.
4. Participating in the fire arms (full participation optional)
5. Participating in the role of a patrol officer during mock traffic stops.
Join the Red Oak Police Department residents who have graduated from the Citizen’s Police Academy by downloading an application at redoaktx.org.
Print the application and fill in all information. Send the completed form to:
Red Oak Police Department
Attn: Officer Nathan Bickerstaff
547 N. Methodist St.
Red Oak, TX 75154.
For more information, call 469-218-7710.