(NAPSI)—When it comes to great art, Sarasota County on the west coast of Florida is hot. Consider these lively arts and museum offerings coming this fall and into next year:
• Sarasota Opera’s final Giuseppe Verdi production makes it the only company in the world to produce all of Verdi’s works;
• The Sarasota Ballet will celebrate its 25th anniversary;
• The Ringling Museum and the Ringling College of Art + Design will house the Kotler and Coville Glass Collection and the Basche Glass Collection, respectively.
• The Center for Asian Art at The Ringling Museum, opening in January 2016, presents a modern wing in contrast to the estate’s Italianate architecture.
• The Sarasota Museum of Art will be housed in the renovated historic Sarasota High School;
• The SarasotaMOD Weekend, November 6-8, 2015, celebrates Paul Rudolph, founding father of the area’s famed mid-century school of modern architecture.
As for where to stay when you come to see all this art, you may be glad to know the new Aloft hotel offers an outdoor Splash pool, a bar, fitness and meeting space. Meanwhile, Westin is working on a 255-room, full-service hotel overlooking Sarasota Bay, and the Ritz-Carlton Sarasota, a luxury hotel overlooking Sarasota Bay, has renovated its guest rooms, suites and lobby.
Learn more at www.visitsarasota.org.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)