MIDLOTHIAN - A fire that broke out at the MidTex Auto Park dispatch building on Wednesday night was ruled as accidental in nature. Firefighters were dispatched to the 100 block of Center Drive at about 9:30 p.m.

Midlothian Fire Department Fire Marshal Kevin Lucia said there was an electrical issue that took place in the wall behind an electrical panel in the building.

Before the firefighters could take action, the electric company had to disconnect power from the building. Firefighters then extinguished the fire and prevented it from spreading to other parts of the building.

“Most of the damage was contained to that electrical area. It will be some pretty extensive repairs to get it back going again,” Lucia said. “It was just contained to that one area.”

Providing assistance on the call were members of the Ovilla Fire Department. Emergency crews cleared the scene after two hours.