To the Editor,

We had a customer come into the post office and said they were charged $39.95 by a company to change their address. The customer had entered “change my address” in the search engine and were sent to a website to change their address. The website displayed the USPS logo, so the customer thought it was legitimate.

Another site charged one of our Waxahachie customers $9.95 to fill out the Change of Address Card that can be submitted for free at any local post office or dropped in any blue collection box.

Keep in mind the postal service does charge $1 online to change your address at

You can also change your address free of charge by submitting a Change of Address Card in the Change of Address kit available at your local post office. Just ask your sales and service associate at the counter for a Change of Address Kit.

Claudia James,


Waxahachie Post Office