The Associated Press
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A fire call to the historic Alamo turned out to be nothing more than a blown light bulb.
San Antonio firefighters on Wednesday night responded to a report of a structure fire at the famed mission in San Antonio.
Authorities believe an overheated bulb caused a light fixture to smoke. There was no sign of fire.
The 18th century mission, which draws about 2.5 million visitors annually, was not damaged.
The Alamo was the site of the 1836 battle where an outnumbered band of Texas defenders staged a legendary stand against Mexican forces. The victorious Battle of San Jacinto weeks later led to soldiers shouting, "Remember the Alamo!"
Information from San Antonio Express-News: www.mysa.com