No injuries were reported from a fire Thursday afternoon. Firefighters were dispatched to the 200 block of Perry Street at 12:43 p.m.

“When we arrived, we had moderate smoke showing from the front of the structure,” Waxahachie Battalion Chief Randy Muirhead said, saying the occupants were out of the structure. “Once we were able to make entry into the house it was able to be contained back to the kitchen area.”

Muirhead said there was moderate smoke and light water damage to the interior of the structure with fire damage to the kitchen and back bedroom. There was no damage to neighboring structures.

Oncor pulled the electric meter and firefighters disconnected the gas meter. The American Red Cross provided assistance to the displaced residents.

The Red Oak Fire Department filled in at station three. Waxahachie Fire Marshal Dennis Crecelius determined the fire was caused by a malfunction in the built-in fan in the refrigerator.

Units cleared the scene at 2:30 p.m.

Contact Andrew at andrew.branca@wninews.com or 469-517-1458.