A jam in a paper-shredding machine at Georgia Pacific caused a fire early Monday morning. When the Waxahachie Fire Department arrived at the scene, the fire was almost completely out.
“The paper shredder was at the back of the building and it appeared that some of the used paper got stuck on the rollers, which caused the fire to start,” Battalion Chief John Chenault said.
“There was more smoke then anything when we arrived and what remained of the fire was embers,” he said.
Responding to the scene were three engines and a ladder truck. No injuries were reported by firefighters or employees. The last unit cleared the scene at 9:45 a.m.
E-mail Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org