MIDLOTHIAN — The Midlothian City Council held a lengthy discussion of possible amendments to the Policy on Governance Process and Code of Ethics at its regular council meeting Tuesday evening.
After reaching a consensus on recommendations for changes to the policies, the city staff was directed to compile the document changes for presentation at the next council meeting.
The council unanimously approved the consent agenda, which included:
• A consideration to modify a service agreement with Reed Engineering Group in an amount not to exceed $14,500 in additional expenses relating to Phase I and Phase II geotechnical engineering and material testing services for water treatment plant number two.
• A resolution authorizing a downtown farmers market to be held from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. alternate Saturdays, May 1-October in the west City Hall parking lot. The open-air market, hosted by the Downtown Business Association, will provide a place for local growers to sell goods to the public, educate consumers about local farming, encourage the use of locally grown farm products and foster community activity.
• The approval of the 2010-2011 strategic plan and annual operating budget calendar.
Additional business included:
• The Midlothian Future Farmers of American presented a brief mock meeting to the council and was recognized for placing fourth in the state competition.
•The council recognized the city’s 2010 United Way contribution in the amount of $5,184, which exceeded the goal of $4,500.
• A Texas Municipal League equity return of $37,495 was announced by city manager, Don Hastings.
Contact Rebecca at email@example.com or call 469-517-1451.