MIDLOTHIAN – Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in the 6600 block of Quail Valley at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.

“The homeowner had put stuff on the stove and had left the residence. He remembered that he left it on and returned to see the smoke coming from the house,” Midlothian Deputy Fire Chief Dale McCaskill said.

“The resident re-entered the structure to get his dogs and called to report the fire,” he said. “When the fire engine arrived on scene, they were able to make entry and extinguish the fire.”

McCaskill said there was moderate fire and smoke damage in the kitchen; the rest of the structure suffered moderate smoke damage.

Members of the Ovilla Fire Department assisted at the scene, with members of the Cedar Hill Fire Department covering the city with an ambulance while emergency responders were out on the call.

No injures were reported by firefighters at the scene or residents.

Units cleared the scene at 1:30 p.m.

Contact Andrew at andrew.branca@wninews.com or 469-517-1458