• On 12/26/08, between 14:00 to 15:00 hours, in the 900 block of SW Wilshire, a report was filed for a vehicle that was “keyed”. A handwritten note on a piece of paper was left on the windshield that stated, “Next time drive nice.” It is believed that this incident originated from a road rage incident that occurred in the parking lot.
• On 12/27/08, between 00:30 to 01:00 hours, in the 400 block of Kingswood, an obscene picture was spray painted on the garage door of a residence.
• Between the dates of 12/29/08 at 17:00 hours and 12/30/08 at 08:00 hours, in the 2500 block of S. I35W, the driver side window was shattered out of a vehicle.
• On 12/19/08, prior to 19:00 hours, in the 800 block of SW Wilshire, a Playstation III was stolen from within a business.
• On 12/20/08, between 16:30 and 17:00 hours, a blond Yorkshire Terrier was stolen from the front yard of a residence. The subjects that took the dog have been identified.
• On 01/05/09, at approximately 23:55 hours, in the 800 block of NE Alsbury, two black males stole beer from within a business.
• Between the dates of 01/04/09 at 19:00 hours and 01/05/09 at 06:30 hours, in the 1100 block of Garden Ridge, the cables to a welder were cut and removed from a welder secured in the back of a truck.
• Between the dates of 12/23/08 at 16:00 hours and 01/02/09 at 08:00 hours, in the 1600 block of W. FM 917, four asphalt shovels, two asphalt rakes, and diesel fuel were stolen from a construction site.
Burglary of a Vehicle
• On 12/29/08, between 16:00 and 16:30 hours, in the 900 block of SW Wilshire, a laptop was stolen from the front seat of a vehicle that was parked in a parking lot. The vehicle was said to be locked. There were no signs of forced entry into the vehicle.
• On 12/28/08, at an unknown time, in the 3200 block of S. I35W, a Hispanic male reached into the open window of a car door and took a cell phone. The Hispanic male was accompanied by a white female. They left the scene in a maroon older model sedan.
• On 01/02/09, between 22:30 and 23:00 hours, in the 1100 block of N. Burleson Blvd, a radio, clothing, and personal items were stolen from within a vehicle parked in a parking lot. A red knit cap, believed to belong to the suspect, was located within the complainant’s vehicle. Previously on that same date, officers responded to that area in reference to two black males asking for money. It was reported that one of the black males was wearing a red knit cap and that they were driving a four door silver sedan.
• On 12/31/08, between 01:00 and 18:48 hours, in the 800 block of Cedar Ridge, copper pipe and a cutting torch were stolen from a secured compartment in the back of a truck.
• Between the dates of 12/30/08 at 22:30 hours and 12/31/08 at 07:00 hours, in the 900 block of Walnut, welding cables, an extension cord, and a remote control for a welder were removed from the utility compartment of the vehicle.
• On 01/02/09, between 03:30 and 13:45 hours, in the 1300 block of Gayle, the driver side rear window of a vehicle was shattered and a HP6940 printer was removed from within the vehicle.
Burglary of a Building
• Between the dates of 12/26/08 at 17:00 hours and 12/28/08 at 09:00 hours, in the 200 block of W. Renfro, cables were stolen from within a fenced in area at a business.
• Between the dates of 12/31/08 at 16:00 hours and 01/02/09 at 08:30 hours, in the 1700 block of Potomac, a Whirlpool microwave, Whirlpool dishwasher, and a Whirlpool cooktop were stolen from within a model home. There were no signs of forced entry.
Burglary of a Habitation
• On 12/08/08, between 17:00 and 19:30 hours, in the 400 block of SW Gordon, an unknown suspect entered a residence and stole computer equipment specially designed for the visually impaired.
• Between the dates of 12/25/08 at 11:30 hours and 12/26/08 at 08:30 hours, in the 2600 block of Cherry Hill, an unknown suspect entered a residence through an open living room window. The window was left open by the residents and the screen was cut by the suspect to gain entry. A laptop and a martial arts wooden Bokken practice sword were removed from within the residence.
• Between the dates of 12/24/08 at 15:00 hours and 12/25/08 at 02:30 hours, in the 500 block NW Lora, an unknown suspect entered a residence and removed an HP laptop from within the residence. There were no forced signs of entry.
Recent Arrest of Interest
• On Jan. 7, 2009, at about 14:00 hours neighbors in the 800 block of Peach Street observed a suspicious vehicle occupied by three males. They observed at least two of the individuals force entry into a residence. The residence was equipped with an alarm that scared off the intruders, who fled empty handed. The neighbors contacted police and provided the vehicle description and direction of travel. Traffic officers working in the area where able locate and arrest the suspects as they fled.
Recent Call for Service of Interest
• On Jan. 8, 2009, at about 07:24 hours, neighbors in the 300 block of Angela and 300 block of Vera reported a prowler. The subject was described as a white male wearing a stocking cap with blue or grey trim. The subject was observed in the backyard of several residences and was observed looking through windows into the residences.