A 52-year-old female has been arrested and charged with murder relating to a Garrett woman who was last seen Dec. 1.

Investigators with the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office said a body believed to be Marian Parsons has been recovered.

Deputies were summoned to a residence in the 4600 block of Farm-to-Market Road 879 on Saturday in reference to a human skull found in a field behind the home, Sheriff Johnny Brown said. Investigators also responded to the scene and after further search of the property, human remains were located in a shallow grave.

Those remains were sent to the Dallas County medical examiner’s office and are still there as of this morning, Brown said.

Shortly thereafter, Debra R. Henderson was taken into custody on a warrant for credit card abuse relating to the case. Henderson was booked into Wayne McCollum Detention Center and released Sunday on a $15,000 bond.

“The evidence collected and subsequent interviews with Henderson resulted in a murder charge being filed,” Brown said.

Henderson was arrested Monday on the murder charge and booked back into jail, where she remains on a $100,000 bond.

Parsons was last seen at about 11:30 a.m. Dec. 1, sheriff’s Lt. James Saulter said in a previous interview, saying the last known phone contact with someone was at 3:59 p.m. that day.

The sheriff’s department was notified Dec. 3 she hadn’t returned home, with investigators pursuing leads since.

Saulter said investigators were able to ascertain that the 5 feet, 5 inches tall Parsons went to IHOP in Ennis on Dec. 1 with Henderson, who was a neighbor, arriving there at 9:28 a.m. and leaving at 10:05, before going back to Henderson’s home.

Parsons’ boyfriend arrived at his and Parsons’ home in the 4500 block of Farm-to-Market 879 that evening at about 8:30 to find their front gate locked and her pickup unlocked in the driveway, according to the sheriff’s reports.

“Her boyfriend went into the residence and said the door knob was locked, however, the dead bolt wasn’t, which was uncommon,” Saulter said. “Her keys were inside on the table and all of her clothes and accessories, personal hygiene items, were still at the residence. The only thing missing was her purse and its contents.

“After the boyfriend was home several hours, he began to get worried and called (Henderson) to see if she had been with her, if she was there or if she knew where she was at,” Saulter said. “The neighbor said she was unsure of her whereabouts and hadn’t seen her since she’d left her house earlier in the morning.”

The sheriff’s office was subsequently contacted, with a missing person’s report filed.

“I want to give special thanks to the Texas Rangers and the Texas Parks and Wildlife game wardens for their assistance during this investigation,” Brown said.

Contact JoAnn at joann@wninews.com or 469-517-1452.