The annual Chamber of Commerce auction is just a few days away and the last minute preparations for the event are quickly being crossed off the “to-do” list for chamber president Patsy Grider and her staff.
“We really have been working on this event for the last year, but when it comes down to the last week, it gets hectic,” she said.
Grider has been making a list and checking it twice, but she is not looking for the naughty or nice members of the community, just for donations toward both the silent and live auctions.
“The community has always been very generous in giving us items to auction off and this year is no different. We have many wonderful items and packages up for grabs this year, there really is something for everyone,” she said.
The theme for the auction is Planes, Trains and Automobiles and the chamber has many special themed activities and auction items for those attending to take advantage of.
Some of the items being offered to the highest bidder include:
* An eight day trip to London and Paris.
* An eight day trip to Vienna and Budapest.
* A flight for four to Cooper’s BBQ for lunch in Llano, Texas.
* A get-away for two to San Antonio.
* An overnight golf trip to the Waterwood National Resort and Golf Club.
* A two night stay and gift package from Beau Rivage Resort and Casino.
* A two day fishing trip for two with accommodations in Rockport, Texas.
* An autographed Brooks & Dunn package that includes two tickets with backstage passes.
* An evening out that includes dinner for two at Micocina and two tickets to see Trisha Yearwood at the Bass Performance Hall.
* Dinner for eight catered and staged at the historic home of Sam and Joanne Ventura. The dinner will be served by Mayor Russell Thomas and his wife Nancy as well as by police Chief John Erisman and his wife Michelle. The guests will be chauffeured by Kevin and Angie Six and photographs of the event will be taken by Bruce Lattimer.
* A four night stay on Holly Lake at Keith and Jackie Larson’s condo.
The evening will begin this Saturday at 5 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall with a chicken friend steak supper and an open bar from 5:30 - 7 p.m. A cash bar will be held from 7 - 11 p.m. The silent auction will be held from 5 - 9 p.m. and the live auction will begin at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets for the event are $35 and are available at the chamber office. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact the chamber office at (972) 878-2625.