WAXAHACHIE — The Waxahachie City Council will hear a request on the possible expansion of the H-E-B grocery store at its Monday night meeting. The store is located at 800 N. U.S. Highway 77 in Waxahachie.
According to a previous Daily Light article, the store was expanded in 2014 and increased by 30,000 square feet to the north toward Indian Drive and to the west in front of the building. The additional floor space provided more sales area, created a space for outdoor storage, and the front facade was also updated, giving the building a new look.
Following the regular session, the council will convene into executive session to consider specific personnel matters with the Interim City Manager Michael Scott and seek legal advice from City Attorney Robert Brown.
In other business the council,
• Will host a public hearing on a request from Mary Graf for a zoning change from a single family one zoning district to a planned development-neighborhood service for a property owned by the Foundation of Life Church located at 111 Farley St. in Waxahachie.
• Will continue a public hearing on a request from Christopher Holleman with Holleman Construction for a contractor’s shop and storage yard located at 120 Lucas St. in Waxahachie.
• Will consider a landscape plan for the Holleman Addition.
• Will host a public hearing on a request from Joe McCrory with Children’s Health for a specific use permit to allow a medical facility use located at 1540 N. U.S. Highway 77, Suite 10 in Waxahachie.
• Will host a public hearing on a request from John Zabojnik with Texas Cryoworks and Wellness for a specific use permit to allow a medical facility use located at 110 Park Place Court in Waxahachie.
• Will host a public hearing will be held on a request from John Ed Justice for a specific use permit to allow a contractor’s shop and storage yard to be located at 500 Cantrell St. in Waxahachie.
• Will host a public hearing on a request from Clyde Hargrove with Hargrove Real Estate, for a zoning change located east of the existing Buffalo Ridge Addition.
• Will host a public hearing on a request from Bruce Greer for a replat of two lots.
• Will consider a proposed ordinance annexing 131.827 acres owned by James Anderson located south of Farm-to-Market Road and east of U.S. Highway 77.
• Will consider appointments to boards and commissions.
The city council meeting will take place at 7 p.m. in the council chamber at city hall. Before the meeting, a briefing session will be held at 6 p.m. in the city council conference room. During the briefing, the council will hear an update on the compensation study. They will then conduct a briefing to discuss items for the regular meeting. City hall is located at 401 S. Rogers St. in downtown Waxahachie.