No injuries were reported from a structure fire Friday. Units were dispatched to the 100 block of Kaufman St. at 7:09 p.m. One resident was at home at the time.
“Upon arrival, flames were visible from the outside wall and under the eaves. There was no other damage to neighboring structures, it was just confined to the one structure. A primary search was conducted and it was found that everybody was out,” Waxahachie Fire Chief David Hudgins said.
“The power company was called out and the meter was removed due to problems of the wiring in the structure after the fire. The property damage was about $10,000,” he said.
The cause of the fire was due to natural gas from a water heater that was located on the outside of the house. The Red Oak Fire Department was called for assistance and filled in at the station while units were dispatched at the scene. Member of the Waxahachie Police Department provided traffic control.
Units cleared the scene at 8:35 p.m.
Contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-517-1458.