The 2008 Ellis County 4-H Fashion Show will take place at 5 p.m. Feb. 19 at the Covenant Place assisted living facility, Waxahachie. Youth who are enrolled in the 4-H clothing and textiles project will participate in the event. The objective for the event is to recognize 4-H members who have excelled in clothing projects and exhibit skills in the following:
• Application of knowledge of fibers and fabrics to wardrobe selection.
• Clothing construction or comparison shopping.
• Fashion interpretation and understanding of style.
• Good grooming and poise in front of others.
• Modeling and presentation of themselves and their garments.
Youth will compete in the construction or buying division at one of three age levels:
• Juniors – 9 to 11 years old
• Intermediates – 12 to 13 years old
• Seniors – 14 to 19 years old
In the construction division, garments will be constructed by the participant. During the judging process, the youth will model their garment(s) and answer questions on fiber content, construction, care, cost, design and fit.
In the buying division, the youth will comparison shop for garment(s). During the judging process, the youth will model their selection(s) and answer questions about the cost, fiber content, how the garment(s) fit into the current wardrobe, comparison shopping and care.
Following the judging, all participants will model their garments for Covenant Place residents and their family and friends.
Youth can also enter design categories:
• Textile – fabrics that the member designs.
• Apparel – design a garment.
• Accessory – designing an item that adds to or enhances a garment, such as a hat, scarf, belt or other.
Deadline to enter the show is 4 p.m. Feb. 11.
For further information, call 972-825-5175 or e-mail email@example.com.