How can we help you publicize your community event? Call us at 469-517-1451 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Thursday, Feb. 19
• Ennis Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours and Ribbon Cutting, IMPACT Ennis, Chamber board room, 5:15 p.m. For information, contact Jane Mize at 214-399-0815.
• On Thursday, Feb. 19, Ennis Regional Medical Center’s Relay for Life team “Revving Up!…To Beat Cancer” will host a hamburger luncheon in the hospital cafeteria from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For a $5 donation you can get a hamburger, chips and a canned drink. To-go orders are welcomed, please call 469-256-2155 to place order.
Sunday, Feb. 22
• The Jack Lummus Memorial VFW Ladies Auxiliary Post 7106 has moved their covered dish luncheons to the fourth Sunday of each month. The Valentine covered dish luncheon will be held Feb. 22 at 12:30 noon.
Tuesday, Feb. 24
• IMPACT Ennis, Ennis Public Library, 5:15 p.m..
Thursday, Feb. 26
• The community is invited to attend an informational seminar on important medical forms such as Medical Power of Attorney and Advance Directives. Refreshments provided. Date and time: Thursday, Feb. 26 from 3 to 4 p.m. Location: Ennis Regional Medical Center cafeteria. Planned speakers: Rosemary Redmond, Attorney at Law and Michelle Erisman, RN, BSN. Please RSVP to Michelle at 469-556-1301. Seating is limited.
Friday, Feb. 27
• KC Fish Fry with all the trimmings and drinks at the KC Hall in Ennis, 850 S. IH-45, from 5-7 p.m. All plates $8 eat-in or to-go. Public welcome.
Saturday, March 7
Women are invited to come to the “Outpouring of Love” Ellis County Women's Conference on March 7, 2009 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.. It will be held at Waxahachie Bible Church and hosted by many of Ellis County’s churches & ministries. Tickets are $15.00 and include the day’s speaking and breakout sessions as well as breakfast and lunch. “Come for the opportunity to connect, participate, volunteer and pray,” a spokeswoman said. Find out more & register at www.reconciledtopray.com/conference or call Shanya Matthews at 214-693-5218.
Thursday, March 19
Ennis Heritage Society meets at 6 p.m., at the home of Dennis and Angie Juenemann, 805 N. Preston. Speaker is Catherine A. Gannon, former Ennis Main Street project coordinator, on “Historic Preservation in Ennis, Texas.” Host chair: Jeanette Houdek, hosts EHS officers and directors.
Saturday, March 21
PINKS All Out at Texas Motorplex - 972-878-2641
Ennis Bluebonnet Trails
Ennis Bluebonnet Trails Festival
National Polka Festival, Ennis – bands include Jak Se Do, Lazy Farmers Band, Ennis Czech Boys, Fritz Hodde & the Fabulous Six, Jodie Mikula Orchestra, Czechaholics, Mark Jirikovec Orchestra, Brave Combo, Dujka Brothers Band, Praha Brothers, Harry Czarnek & the Texas Dutchment, Czech & Then Some. Hall admission $7 Friday evening, $12 Saturday all day, $10 Sunday. Special Country Concert Saturday night with Bart Crow and special guest Johnny Cooper, admission $15 in advance at Sports Connection or $20 at the door. Featured performances by the West High Junior Historian Dancers and Zorya Ukrainian Dance Ensemble, Austin P. Roadman Roving Armadillo Wagon. National Polka Festival Parade Saturday at 10 a.m. downtown, downtown arts and crafts, and street dancing with Czech Harvesters and the Dujka Brothers. Special hours for the Sokol Museum, Saturday 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. King and Queen contest Friday night at 9 p.m. at Knights of Columbus. National Polka Festival Annual HorseshoeFest set for Saturday at KJT, information at www.nationalpolkafestival.com or email@example.com.
PolkaPictures Photo Contest sponsored by Ennis Convention & Visitors Bureau, call 972-878-4748 for information, or www..visitennis.org. Food on sale varies by the hall, includes barbecue beef, klobase, pork roast, parsley potatoes and sauerkraut, green beans, Czech pastries. Tea, coffee, beer available at the halls. Meal prices $8 adults, $5 children.
Ennis Rotary Club Ennis PolkaFest Run Saturday, May 23, starting at Lone Star Fitness. Registration pickup 5:30 a.m.-7 a.m. Races start at 7 a.m. Events, food, drink, live entertainment included. www.ennispolkarun.com or 972-878-2625.