District to Hold Public Forum for 2012-2013 Texas Academic Performance Report
Waxahachie ISD will hold a public forum at the regularly scheduled school board meeting on Monday, January 13, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. to present the 2013-2014 Texas Academic Performance Report as required by Texas Education Code, Chapter 39.
The report will detail the 2012-2013 Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR); the 2012-2013 PEIMS Financial Standard Report; the 2013-2014 State Accountability Performance Objectives; the 2012-2013 Campus Violent or Criminal Incidents Report; and, the Class of 2011 Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Graduation Report.
After the information is presented, the board will hold a public discussion of the report. For more information, contact Dr. Nicole Mansell, Waxahachie ISD Director of Public Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice of Regular Meeting
The Board of Trustees Waxahachie Independent School District
A Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees of Waxahachie Independent School District will be held January 13, 2014, beginning at 7:30 PM in the Waxahachie ISD Administration Building 411 N Gibson Street, Waxahachie, TX 75165.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice.
1. STUDY SESSION - 6:00 P.M.
A. Call to order.
B. Announcement by presiding officer that a quorum is present, that the meeting has been duly called, and that notice of the meeting has been duly posted for time and manner required by law.
C. Information Items.
1. Lighthouse for Learning Fall 2013 Report.
2. Turner Gym Stabilization Schematic Design Set.
3. Information from Templeton Demographics, LLS regarding demographics, enrollment forecasting and attendance zone planning for WISD.
4. Project Review for TASB's Efficient Buildings Program (Entegral Solutions) D. Additional information relating to items on the agenda.
E. Deliberating the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property. Gov't Code 551.072
F. Discussing Complaints, Hiring, Reassignment, Termination, Proposal for Nonrenewal, Proposal for Termination, EValuation, Promotion, or Demotion of Personnel. Govt Code 551.074
G. Consulting privately with the board’s attorney. Gov't Code 551.071 2. REGULAR SESSION - 7:30 P.M.
A. Call to Order. B. Establish Quorum. C. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance to the U. S. and Texas Flags. D. Recognitions. E. Open Forum: Hearing of individuals or committees.
F. Board Minutes from Previous Meetings.
G. Action relative to items considered in Closed Session. H. Budget and Finance Reports.
1. Cash Position. 2. Revenue and Expense. 3. Revenue Summary Report. 4. Budget Summary. 5. Tax Collection Report. 6. Check Register. 7. Bid Report. 8. Purchase Orders over $25,000 for Board Approval. 9. Proposed Budget Amendments.
I. Human Resources Report. J. Superintendent's Report.
1. Public Presentation and Hearing on the 2012-2013 Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR) annual report.
2. Consideration to approve TASB Board Policy Update 98.
3. Consideration to approve out of state travel for Robert Keith, Director of Technology.
K. Additional Items from Study Session.
L. Discussing Complaints, Hiring, Reassignment, Termination, Proposal for Nonrenewal, Proposal for Termination, Evaluation, Promotion, or Demotion of Personnel. Govt Code 551-074
M. Deliberating the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property. Gov't Code 551.072
N. Consulting privately with the board’s attorney. Gov't Code 551.071 O. Action relative to items considered in Closed Session.