A G E N D A
A regular meeting of the Mayor and City Council of the City of Waxahachie, Texas to be held in the Council Chamber at City Hall, 401 S. Rogers on Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
Council Members: John Wray, Mayor
Kevin Strength, Mayor Pro Tem
Chuck Beatty, Councilman
N.B. (Buck) Jordan, Councilman
Mark Singleton, Councilman
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Texas Pledge of Allegiance Honor the Texas Flag;
I pledge allegiance to thee;
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
5. Consent Agenda
All matters listed under Item 5, Consent Agenda, are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the Mayor/City Manager to execute all matters necessary to implement each item. Any item may be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and consideration by any member of the City Council.
a. Minutes of the regular City Council meeting of August 19, 2013
b. Minutes of the Rodeo Board meeting of August 22, 2013
c. Approve Parade Route for the 18th Annual Texas Country Reporter Festival on Saturday, October 26, 2013
6. Introduce Honorary Councilmember
7. Present Proclamation proclaiming September as “Blood Cancer Awareness Month”
8. Request to appear by Waxahachie Lions Club to request street closures for the 11th Annual Mini Grand Prix Race to be held Saturday, October 19, 2013
9. Consider Annual Service Plan Update including the collection of the 2013-2014 Annual Installment for the Waxahachie Public Improvement District No. 1
10. Continue Public Hearing on Amendment of Roadway Impact Fees
11. Consider approving Amendment of Roadway Impact Fees
12. Continue Public Hearing on Amendment of Water and Wastewater Impact Fees
13. Consider approving Amendment of Water and Wastewater Impact Fees
14. Consider Interlocal Agreement with Ellis County for maintenance of roads, bridges, waterways and ditches
15. Consider Memorandum of Understanding with Waxahachie I.S.D. for selling/purchasing used police vehicles and equipment owned by the City of Waxahachie
16. Consider proposed Resolution of Candidate Nominations for the Ellis Central Appraisal District Board of Directors for the years 2014-2015
17. Discuss setting workshop on City of Waxahachie Budget for fiscal year 2013-2014 and take any necessary action
18. Citizens’ Petitions and Requests
19. Comments by Mayor, City Council, City Attorney and City Manager
The City Council reserves the right to go into Executive Session on any posted item.
This meeting location is wheelchair-accessible. Parking for mobility impaired persons is available. Any request for sign interpretive services must be made forty-eight hours ahead of the meeting. To make arrangements, call the City Secretary at (469) 309-4005 or (TDD) 1-800-RELAY TX