Workers at a local furniture shop were able to escape injury after a fire broke out in the building they were working in on Monday afternoon. Firefighters received the call at 1:15 p.m. and responded to the 1600 block of Farm-to-Market 66.†

Waxahachie Fire Department Fire Chief Ricky Boyd said the fire started in the back of the building and that section was fully involved when crews arrived on scene. While working the call crews were rotated in and out every 20 minutes due to the dayís high temperature.†

Since the call was located at the end of the cityís water distribution network a call was made to the water department to boost the water to that fire hydrant.†

Boyd said firefighters made a really good stop on the fire and put in some hard work. During overhaul operations there were a few minor flare-ups but firefighters were able to keep it under control.†

Waxahachie Fire Marshal Dennis Crecelius said the fire was ruled as an accident. At the time of the fire, workers were using machinery on a piece of furniture. While operating the machine they didnít†

see a nail that got sucked up into the dust bag causing an explosion. Damage to the building is estimated at $75,000 - $100,000.

Providing assistance on at the scene were members of the Midlothian and Emergency Service District No. 6 Fire Departments. Ovilla firefighters and members of East Texas EMS provided rehab services to crews rotating out of the building. Members of the Red Oak, Ennis and Lancaster Fire Departments handled incoming emergency calls while the responding crews were at the scene.

Follow Andrew on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AndrewBrancaWDL or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AndrewBrancaWNI. Contact him at andrew.branca@waxahachietx.com or 469-517-1451.