BRISTOL – An electrical short is listed as the cause behind an accidental fire that took place on Sunday, Dec. 16 in an out building. Firefighters from Bristol, Palmer, Garrett Rural and Ferris Fire Departments responded to the call that took place in the 1400 block of Slate Rock Road at 4:30 p.m.
Bristol Fire Chief Eddie Miner said when firefighters arrived on scene they found the building fully involved in fire and smoke. Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained and to prevent it from spreading to a house located 150 feet away. The 40 feet by 40 feet metal building was a total loss. Miner estimates the property and content loss at around $30,000.
Assistant Ellis County Fire Marshal Joshua Hibschman said the owner of the metal building was working in the building when he noticed the fire. The owner then called dispatchers to notify them of the fire. No injuries were reported from firefighters. Units cleared the scene and returned to the station at 6:30 p.m.
Follow Andrew on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AndrewBrancaWDL or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AndrewBrancaWNI. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-517-1451